Sunday, January 12, 2014

Race For Hope Fundraisers...part one

Being a stay at home wife and a mommy to an ornery (but adorable) fur baby, I have a lot of time on my hands. I have never done an RFH fundraiser. so this year, I've got my hands full with at least three. I wanted to take a moment to write them down and try to figure out how I want to do them. If anyone wants to help me, let me know.

My first idea is a charm bracelet. I was thinking about it a lot, and browsing Amazon and various other sites to see if I could find what I needed to make this idea reality. Here is what I am doing:
                                          Bracelets:
The bracelets will have 5 charms on them, and they will each symbolize a different part of David's journey, and ours as well.

A music note-  Symbolizes David's journey as a musician, from playing in bars, to being on idol and winning, to everything after. Though some of the journey has been difficult (Booo RCA!), he has stayed true to his music and pulls it from the depths of his soul.

A heart- This symbolizes the love David and the fans have for one another. Over the years, some have strayed, but for those who have stuck around, the journey's only getting better.

A cancer ribbon- This is a symbol of our efforts ro raise awareness for brain cancer, and the hope that one day this disease will no longer exist.

A wing- From David's pre-idol music to the present, he has evolved so much as an artist and this is symbolized by the wing charm. I actually found angel wings and thought those would be rather fitting. :)

And finally...

An infinity symbol- Symbolizes the bond between David and the music, the fans and the music, David and the fans, and the fans and each other. Our bond is infinite, and will never be broken.

Once I have all the materials (by next month at least), I will see how many I can make. I might be able to eventually make more, but that is undetermined at this point.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bracelet idea! How sweet is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I will be doing it eventually, but I have put it on hold for now :)

    ReplyDelete