Monday, March 23, 2015

Meet and Greet Round 2 :)

I really need to post here more...

So anyway, if you haven't heard by now (which you probably have), I got a chance to redeem myself after completely failing to have a conversation with Dave last January. Everyone told me it would be SO easy, but after walking out of there, I thought they all lied to me. As it turns out, they were right. On March 6th, Dave came back to Denver...and so did I. This time I was ready. I had a scarf for him that I made, some beanboozled jelly beans (youtube them...you'll think i'm completely nuts and a terrible person for giving these to him, but it turns out, he's just as devious as I am. More on that later.) I also planned to bring DC Bear 2.0 (aka Busch Gardens DC Bear) to have him sign for my RFH fundraiser.

By the time March 6th rolled around, there was still no word on what time the VIPs had to be there, which kind of frustrated me. My husband and I went to the show with a couple friends and we ended up leaving for Denver an hour before I had to be there, which I thought was a bad idea. I ended up being a little late, but I got there. I also found out recently that someone pointed out that I wasn't there yet when they had to get started, and Dave said that if I missed everything, he would make it up to me, and I thought that was so sweet.  :) Instead of sound check, Dave did a Q&A on the patio out back so I had to try to sneak out unnoticed. Between the super loud door and half the people there knowing me, I'd say that was a fail. lol. I sat in the front next to Rose and Amy and I was about thisclose to Dave...I didn't say anything at all during the Q&A, I had mostly been trying to breathe because my nerves were pretty bad. After that was over, we went back in and Rob told us how the M&G was going to go. We were all supposed to get one pic, one autograph and about 10 seconds of conversation. My initial thought? No way, dude. I came here to do better and there's no way you are going to stop me. I know it sounds awful, but seriously?

When it was my turn, I have no idea what in the world came over me, but I could not shut up. I forgot all about how nervous I was, and we had an awesome conversation.  First, he noticed  DC Bear and he said "Alright, what do we have here?" and I told him what I was going to do with that, and he signed him for me. <3 I gave him the scarf and told him I had made it, which he really liked. He loved the color too (Royal Blue, baby!). After that, I gave him the jelly beans and we had a fun chat about those. It turns out he's had them before and he thought they were funny. He also said he'd give some to Monty later (that's where the whole "Dave is devious" thing comes into play...stinker.)  I kind of felt like I was taking way too long, so we got our pic together and I almost left without telling him one more really important thing. I told him that I cosplay as a hobby and that I went to a convention the weekend before and showed him a picture of my April O'Neil cosplay. I knew that if anyone would appreciate it, he would, and he did.

He is SUCH an angel and he really does put people at ease when they're with him. I hope that anyone who has not had a chance to meet him gets to, because it is something they will never forget. <3

                                                       Me and good ol' Dave...yes, he is DAVE now. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment